Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jquest68

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 26, 2016
Georgia
Ok, heres the thing, I usually set up my parents ID and password and save it for them on Notes. My stepdad apparently wanted to create a new password for iCloud and doesn't remember it. My mom has a new iCloud address not the same as the one I set up for her. I'm trying to delete it but I have to sign in but don't know the password my Stepdad used.
this is frustrating because they are not computer savvy so I do all the updates and whatever glitches they may have. Is there a way to log out of that and use her iTunes email address for iCloud? or better yet I don't know if she really needs iCloud. Either way, I can't log into it.

jquest68

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 26, 2016
Georgia
Did your dad use the Apple Support site My Apple ID? Plus it sounds like your dad should call Apple Support to see if he can answer the security questions and all that stuff!
I believed he did and couldn't sort it out. He thinks he knows so much about technology and he's ver skeptical with any password so he changes it regularly but always forgetting which one he used and then losing it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.