iTunes and Internet Radio

sgtbob

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 10, 2008
Kansas
Is the Radio feature available in iTunes anymore? I have a couple of MAC text books that indicate the 'radio' feature is available under the 'library' on iTunes, but it isn't there. Has it been terminated and if not how to activate same.

Bob

jamojamo

macrumors 6502
Feb 12, 2010
Yes, it's there. Last item on library. Make sure you have the Radio box checked in the General Preferences of iTunes.

sgtbob

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 10, 2008
Kansas
Radio

I went to the preferences, but the 'Radio' selection is 'greyed' out and can not be selected. Any suggestions?:(

Bob

jkmags

macrumors member
May 6, 2011
I went to the preferences, but the 'Radio' selection is 'greyed' out and can not be selected. Any suggestions?:(

Bob
Im running iTunes 10.6.3 and the Radio is listed under the library section, just click on Radio to see the station categories listed. I know this is a silly question but are you connected to the internet?

sgtbob

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 10, 2008
Kansas
ITUNES Radio

I hate to admit my stupidity, but .... I discovered that the Radio button under 'parental controls' was checked. When I unchecked it, the Radio appeared in the Library just as described earlier. Live and learn - most things are simple once known. :)