Itunes and IOS 5

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Khou, Oct 22, 2011.

1. Khou macrumors newbie

Hi.

I recently wanted to update my 3rd generation ipod touch to the new IOS 5. I tried that many times but i kept getting "error 1403". I tried to find out how to work that out but could't find a clear answer.. So i tried to download the update in Chrome and install it by "Option-Click" on the restore button and install it manually. That didn't work, i got "error 21" this time. I then uninstalled itunes and tried to download it again but when it was finished downloading it was missing some files in the .dmg file. I tried to download itunes from apple's site and from a couple other sites aswell..
    Besides that i also tried to download a firmware update for my printer software. That took 7 tries to get that done. Suddenly my mac can't update anything.
    Btw im running the latest OSX lion on my Macbook Pro 2.4Ghz dual core.

WTF can i do? Please help!

Sincerely KHou

2. Voina macrumors newbie

Voina

I Empathize!

It took me two full days to successfully download the iOS 5 update -- and it didn't happen until I used the direct link I found on here. However, when I try to Option-Click that in iTunes (to bring it into iTunes) it says it can't install it on my iPad because my FIRMWARE needs to be updated. But the page it takes me to on the Apple website doesn't tell me where to find that. It only says to update the software -- so I'm starting all over again trying the previously-unsuccessful method of downloading directly into iTunes. Don't know for sure, but suspect I will get the same error message in 19-20 hours when this is done downloading -- IF it successfully downloads! YIKES!