itunes and ipad question

Discussion in 'iPad' started by jeme, Nov 6, 2010.

1. jeme macrumors regular

Jun 12, 2009
    Not sure this is the right forum, but I just decided to switch for my main computer from a macbook pro 13 inch to an imac desktop. Prior - I was syncing my iphone and ipad with the macbook and now when I go to sync them with the imac it want to erase everything? How do I avoid this and switch all syncing to my imac?

Thanks in advance for the help and sorry for the noob question.
  2. iNtaCt macrumors member

Aug 23, 2008
    Click on your Ipad with the right mouse button and than click "Transfer Purchases".
  3. Mr Kram macrumors 68000

Mr Kram

Oct 1, 2008
    have you transferred your library over to your imac? if so, then you'll have to reselect the items to sync and just re-sync. if not, you'll have to transfer or share the library on a network drive. transferring purchases would not apply to any music or video that you ripped yourself.
  4. jeme thread starter macrumors regular

Jun 12, 2009
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Ok thanks, I have transferred so that means I will have to entirely set up both my iPad and iPhone? Bummer, not sure why they make this so difficult. Thanks for the help.