Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

martymar112

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 7, 2011
I dont know if i am in the right place but i need help.
I just bought a mac book pro and i had a Imac. My Iphone is connected to my Imac but i wanted it connected to my Macbook because i am going over seas and this is what i will be using. So is there anyway i can manage my Itunes account for my Iphone on my new mac with out deleting everything off my iphone? thanks for the help.

MacCrackAddict

macrumors member
Mar 31, 2011
do you have an external hard drive? if you do, you can transfer your entire itunes library to it and then copy it across to your new MBP?

your library can be found ~user/Music/iTunes

Just copy the whole folder which includes all of your apps, music, videos and podcasts

mojitochica

macrumors member
Jan 31, 2007
USA
do you have an external hard drive? if you do, you can transfer your entire itunes library to it and then copy it across to your new MBP?

your library can be found ~user/Music/iTunes

Just copy the whole folder which includes all of your apps, music, videos and podcasts

If your Macbook has firewire you can boot your iMac in target disk mode, hook it up to your Macbook, and transfer the files.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.