itunes and iphone music sync question pls help...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sagarrana55, Dec 21, 2008.

1. sagarrana55 macrumors member

hey guys i am having problem with syncing music to iphone.. ok i connect my iphone and it takes 1 or 2 mins to sync all stuff from ituens..(everytime i connect my iphone) now i want to delete some song in iphone. i have to delete that song from itunes in order to delete it in iphone.. now what i want is.. i want to delete song from iphone and still want to play that song in ituens and also i want to delete other song in ituens but want to play that song in iphone so what can i do pls help.. i have selected "automatically sync when iphone is connected.." what will happen if i don't select that option?

2. Mlrollin91 macrumors G3

Mlrollin91

What I normally do is when I dont want certain songs on my phone is I click sync songs and videos manually and then click sync only checked items. Then go through your itunes library and uncheck anything you do not want on your phone but it will still keep it on your computer..

3. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

I make a playlist called iPhone, and another called iPod. Whatever I want on the iPod I put in that playlist, whatever I want on the iPhone I put in that playlist. And I only sync that playlist.

4. plinden macrumors 68040

plinden

Create a playlist. Add songs to it. Configure the iPhone in iTunes to sync only that playlist.

This won't work though for the case you mentioned where you want to delete a song from iTunes but keep it on the iPhone. Anything you delete in iTunes will be removed from the iPhone on the next sync.

Edit: like fireshot91 said.

5. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555