iTunes and iPhoto Crash! Not working.

Discussion in 'macOS' started by iLoveDeveloping, May 10, 2010.

1. iLoveDeveloping macrumors 6502

Ok so 2 days ago i started getting problems with my Mac(10.6.2) (First time like ever!). I tried to start Firefox, it crashed on start up and i mean, it bounced and then NOTHING! I deleted the .plist file and restarted and it worked. Next, iPhoto went down, it wont start at all. Same thing, bounces in the dock and then nothing, not even a start screen.

I did the same, deleted plist files, even removing and deleting the library (i have all photos backed up so i just wiped the whole thing). I even used "iPhotoLibraryManager" and it didn't do anything, restarted, everything i can think of, still no iPhoto. I googled and googled and found page after page of things that didn't help one bit. Now to be honest i can life without iPhoto, but i NEED to have iTunes, thats not a option.

So next, iTunes now wont work (9.1.1), it seems each day a new program is gone! Same as before, i click iTunes icon, it bounces and then dead. I looked up console messages and it is saying (for BOTH iTunes and iPhoto)

"[0x0-0x63063].com.apple.iTunes[810] dyld: Library not loaded: /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Symbolication.framework/Versions/A/Symbolication" "com.apple.launchd.peruser.501[93] (com.apple.ReportCrash[817]) Job appears to have crashed: Trace/BPT trap"

So it looks like the libraries are corrupt or something? This seems to be all im getting. Again, i tried rebuilding library, deleting itunes.plist and even deleting the program (and the whole itunes folder) and reinstall a new one from apple, i even made a new user account and logged in and same exact thing, bounce and dead!

Does anyone know ANYTHING that will help me? I seem to have tried everything!! I am lost without iTunes! Please help... :(:(:(

2. Guruchan macrumors newbie

I thought I was alone in this world

the same thing happen to me for the past week, How do you deal with it?:(