iTunes and iPhoto don't see my iPhone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by littledigger, Sep 15, 2011.

1. littledigger macrumors regular

littledigger

iTunes and iPhoto don't see my iPhone 4. I have a MacBook pro running OSX 10.5.8, iTunes 10.4.1 and iPhoto 7.1.5 and iPhone 4. I've tried a soft reset by holding both buttons down but still not solved. since my last sync, i have used the wall charger, a usb from a PC to charge the phone and downloaded an app called red laser which i have now deleted and tried another soft reset which has not solved the problem.

The iPhone charges when i connect to the mac but its not seen, any ideas?

2. littledigger thread starter macrumors regular

littledigger

I went to the console to see what messages the system was giving and thought this was interesting, does anyone know what can be done?

the messages read:
    15/09/2011 23:34:01 kernel USBF: 4282.635 [0x3d90800] The IOUSBFamily is having trouble enumerating a USB device that has been plugged in. It will keep retrying. (Port 1 of hub @ location: 0x1d000000)

15/09/2011 23:34:14 kernel USBF: 4294.869 [0x3d90800] The IOUSBFamily was not able to enumerate a device.

3. littledigger thread starter macrumors regular

littledigger

SOLVED

UPDATE;

The problem is the port connector on the iphone is more delicate than you think and even if the pins look good, they could still be damaged enough to cause this error.

I replaced my port connector with a unit from fleebay for £4.80. The instructions are on ifixit.com.

Just remember to re install iTunes as well or you will get a hardware error when restoring the iphone.

iPhone is now working and syncing as it did before.