iTunes and its competitors

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Tarzanman, Sep 29, 2010.

1. Tarzanman macrumors 65816

I have said some bad things on this forum about iTunes for PC.... and rightfully so.

iTunes (and other Apple software) has a history of being mediocre or worse on Windows.... and it is 90% of the reason that I don't own any iProducts

Well, I tried Samsung's version of iTunes called Kies. It is media sync/device upgrade software that interfaces with their phones, mp3 players and upcoming tablets.

Man does it suck! Besides not recognizing my phone, it completely disabled my internet connection (through my USB wireless adapter).

So, as bad as some of Apple's efforts are, there are other companies screwing up even worse.

For those of you who don't know... Samsung has copied Apple's iPhone, iPad, and iPod products.

Looks like they still have a ways to go.

2. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

I think it might have more to do with the underlying Windows APIs that Apple's software has to rely on on Windows than Apple's effort for the Windows versions of their software.

3. Tarzanman thread starter macrumors 65816

I'm going to disagree because one of the programs I have problems with is Quicktime.

Everyone else who makes media players has the same APIs to work with, but quicktime is among my least favorite media players. I use Real Alternative or VLC to play MOV files

4. Bisz macrumors regular

Just because Samsung's software sucks doesn't mean I'm happy about iTunes sucking.