Itunes and mavericks problem

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by PavelT, Oct 25, 2013.

1. PavelT macrumors member

hi there. i have updated to mavericks and iTunes 11.1.2...and since then, in iTunes, the track list, or track timeline (the thing that enables you to scroll through the track), keeps randomly disappearing. i occasionally fast forward songs so i noticed right away... but when this randomly vanishes, there is no way to control the track that is playing, just skipping is the option. it is extremely annoying. anyone notice this too?? here are pictures of what i am talking about.

here it is:
    [​IMG]

...and then randomly vanishes!:mad:
    [​IMG]

2. PavelT thread starter macrumors member

3. melow71 macrumors member

problem

I have encountered many strange problems with mavericks recently, but not this I'm afraid, wish I could help more. I fixed some of my issues googling from forum to forum and watching youtube videos? Genius bar at apple store was almost worthless.

4. PavelT thread starter macrumors member

i agree. they are worthless, they do help senior citizens very well though. I've seen some excellent patience. i will call apple about this problem today, as its frustrating much!!

5. CEmajr macrumors 601

Yeah mine is doing the same thing. I can only get the scroll bar to appear when I go into full screen mode. This is pretty annoying.

6. dhd macrumors member

dhd

7. PavelT thread starter macrumors member

yeah, switching to full screen and the scroll bar does come back, but thats the only way it returns. this is very annoying indeed.

8. CEmajr macrumors 601

I synced my iPhone today and then started listening to some songs while it was syncing and it came back. It's been working since then for now. We'll see if it stays that way.

9. PavelT thread starter macrumors member

highly doubt it. it goes in and out randomly. i reported it to apple people, hopefully they do a fix soon.

10. davelanger macrumors 6502a

If you hold down the skip button it will fast forward the track

11. PavelT thread starter macrumors member

awesome, thanks!. will do this.. although i can't see where i am fast forwarding, at least i can have some control.

12. davelanger macrumors 6502a

what if you go under window then mini player.

That could help too and with that window you can fast forward and control it easier