iTunes and Mountain Lion Problems

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by EnzoAmata, Mar 1, 2013.

1. EnzoAmata macrumors regular

EnzoAmata

Ever since I've updated to iTunes 11.0.2 - I've constantly had it trying to sync my Movies and TV Shows? I've turned off iTunes Match and back on again and nothing. Anyone got any ideas as to why this is happening?

I also am having an issue with trying to download Mountain Lion from the App Store. I bought Mountain Lion when it came out through the App Store and I now own a brand new iMac just in 2013 with Mountain Lion on it but when I go to download it from the App Store, as I want a backup on a thumb drive. I'm being informed it's not compatible?

So I'm not allowed to download something I bought.

2. Ledgem macrumors 65816

Ledgem

I'll venture a guess on this one: your iMac was released after OS X 10.8.2, which is the version that is currently in the Mac App Store. Apple occasionally sells new systems with custom versions of the operating system that are modified compared with what's currently available. If so, it's possible that the App Store is recognizing that your build of OS X is newer than what's on the MAS, and that plain 10.8.2 could cause problems. When OS X 10.8.3 is released this should be a non-issue. (Just a guess.)

3. tdhurst macrumors 68040

tdhurst

Uhh...

iTunes Match doesn't sync TV shows and Movies, only songs.

What is it your trying to sync/do?

4. EnzoAmata thread starter macrumors regular

EnzoAmata

Yes, your guess seems spot on: http://www.macnn.com/articles/13/02/26/permissions.glitch.appears.to.be.cause.of.recovery.problem/

----------

Hmmm just as I went to take a screenshot of the little clouds within iTunes loading, it seems to have stopped.