iTunes and Movies...

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by davidg4781, Jul 6, 2007.

1. davidg4781 macrumors 68020

I'm ripping a few of my DVDs so I can watch them on my Treo when away from home and just realized I can import them into iTunes. My plan now is to have a few select movies on there to watch while staying away over night (and just because I can) but I'd like them at a higher quality than the ones going onto my Treo.

There's a big difference in viewing quality on my MacBook in the two movies, so I definitely want to keep the higher quality one, but I also don't want to delete the lower quality ones, in case I want to swap them out.

I've made a smart album to filter them out to there, but they're still showing up in the Movies Library section. Is there a way to keep them from showing up there? For instance, right now, I have two copies of Ferris Bueller's Day Off. Or do y'all think I should just keep a folder for my Treo movies outside of iTunes?

(P.S. Is the preset AppleTV overkill for viewing on a MacBook, maybe later onto a larger screen?)

2. kuebby macrumors 68000

kuebby

I'm pretty sure all videos show up in the movie library. I'd say that just making a separate folder for Treo movies is your best choice. It's what I do for my Q movies.

3. davidg4781 thread starter macrumors 68020

Well, I just moved them to my card and deleted them. If I'm going to swap them out, I'll move them from the card to the HD and leave them there. I decided to do this when I checked my disk space and saw I had less than 10GB left.

I really wish they'd release Leopard. I'm going to upgrade my HD then.