Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mkjellman

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 14, 2003
wow- look at what just happened to me in itunes. I have an airport express, took my laptop to another network and started playing music in itunes. itunes started skipping in the song like crazy. When i checked what speaker it was playing from it says "Multiple Speakers" Previous versions would ask you if you would like to play from your computer speaker if the airport express could not be found.

a sign for things to come? or what didn't come at macworld?

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    60.8 KB · Views: 88
  • Picture 2.png
    Picture 2.png
    36 KB · Views: 93

jimN

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2005
London
this has been commented on already - please seach the forum before starting a new post.

(but it is pretty cool)

Will_reed

macrumors 6502
May 27, 2005
search the forum? theres too many pages for you to just expect people to go through everything

TheMasin9

macrumors 6502a
Dec 22, 2004
Huber Heights, OH
i noticed this too...

i think this is a good addition. I dont have multiple sets of speakers yet, but i plan to in the future, and the ability to play music to every room of your house via airport is pretty sweet.

Scottyk9

macrumors 6502a
Jun 18, 2004
Canada
I saw this in another thread also, and as soon as I saw it, I downloaded the new version of iTunes and the express firmware update.

This is something that I have been hoping for ever since I bought the express - it works fantastically. The only question I have is why it took so long??

jholzner

macrumors 65816
Jul 24, 2002
Champaign, IL
I think this is pretty cool also. I only have one set of speakers but I also like that I can play it on my computer at the same time it is streaming to speakers hooked up to the Airport Express.

marknicholls

macrumors 6502
Aug 7, 2004
Bristol, England
I have discovered what the problem is with me running 3 express's - my bathroom speakers cannot handle 100% max volume on iTunes, it needs to be at 50% with the volume increased on the amp - it seems when multiple speakers are used you cannot control the volume in iTunes, iTunes blanks out the volume control - anyone else have this problem? is there a resolution?

Many Thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.