Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

skinnylegs

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 8, 2006
San Diego
I'm about to buy a new 15" Retina Display MBP. I've already purchased a lot of movies and music on iTunes and I subscribe to Music Match. Here's my question. When I get the new MBP, can I simply sign into my iTunes account and stream my music and videos instead of actually downloading them to the hard drive?

Thanks!

MFL2012

macrumors member
Jul 27, 2012
Sounds like you should get an Apple TV. You could access all your purchased movies and music right from it. No Mac required. If you can afford a rMBP you can afford the $99 for the ATV. As for your original question, the answer seems to be: music can be streamed, videos must be downloaded

kjs862

macrumors 65816
Jan 21, 2004
I'm about to buy a new 15" Retina Display MBP. I've already purchased a lot of movies and music on iTunes and I subscribe to Music Match. Here's my question. When I get the new MBP, can I simply sign into my iTunes account and stream my music and videos instead of actually downloading them to the hard drive?

Thanks!

Yes, you can stream both music and videos you bought from iTunes on your new computer by just logging into your iTunes account. No need to download them locally.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.