iTunes and P2P programs Question...

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Matto1020, Jan 1, 2008.

1. Matto1020 macrumors member

Matto1020

If I download a MP3 from LimeWire...how do I set it so iTunes does NOT import it into my Library. I unchecked the "Shared Libraries" tab and whatnot but it still does it.

Any help?

2. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

So you double-click the music file, and iTunes automatically opens and imports the file, correct?

You can change the default application from iTunes to quicktime by right clicking the file, selecting "Get info" and under the "open with" category select Quicktime and click "Change All..."

Is this what you wanted?

3. Matto1020 thread starter macrumors member

Matto1020

No thats it.

I already changed Quicktime to open all my MP3s..

But when I download a MP3 from Limewire, before I even open, iTunes will open up and add it to the Library right as it finishes downloading.

4. Matto1020 thread starter macrumors member

Matto1020

Actually I think I just figured it out. There was an option in LimeWire to automatically add downloads into iTunes. I unchecked it :p

5. billpaine macrumors newbie

I have the opposite problem. I want songs that I download via LimeWire to automatically transfer into my iTunes folder but this is not happening. Can you tell me where to find the "automatically add downloads into iTunes" tick box?

6. forafireescape macrumors 6502a

forafireescape

Just go to Preferences. You'll find it.

7. billpaine macrumors newbie

I've only just started using LimeWire (Pro) and I'm also new to Mac. When I originally installed LimeWire Pro I downloaded three songs and they automatically transferred in iTunes. Next morning I downloaded another three songs but they did NOT transfer to iTunes and all subsequent downloads have also failed to transfer automatically to iTunes. I've looked at all the preferences in both iTunes and LimeWire and they all seem to be set up correctly. So for the mean time I'm baffled as to how to make the automatic transfer happen like it did the first time I tried.