Itunes and safari!!!!

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by 3v0, Jun 18, 2010.

1. 3v0 macrumors member

hey guys, I got 2 mac questions I need help with.

1: I just got the new safari update and the pages have been loading weird, they will either load super quick or they will kinda pause, take a few minutes to load and then take me to a "page not found" site, then I click refresh and it loads to the right page at normal seed. What is causing this?

2. Is there a way to check what kinda song files I have on itunes? Reason is I have mostly mp3's but some songs I click "get info" on and I think they are wave or like flac files bc it says like 1300kbps compared to an mp3's 320 or something. This is also keeping me from adding music on my ipod since it takes so much space up. How can I find out which songs r doing this?

2. flatfoot macrumors 65816

3. pesc macrumors regular

1: Probably a network problem. Dropped packets perhaps?

Open the Network Utility. (Search for it using Spotlight.) Try the ping tab and ping the web site to see if any packets are lost. Try the traceroute tab to see if the problem is on your network or somewhere further down.

2: Show your songs in list view. Right-click (or press the ctrl key while clicking) on the headers and add a new column. Maybe one showing the bitrate. Drag the columns around as you like.