iTunes and "shuffle" on a playlist

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ksgant, Jun 17, 2011.

1. ksgant macrumors 6502a

ksgant

I like taking a big playlist and putting it on "shuffle" so that I hear random songs from my collection. But the thing is, how do you get this to recognize some songs are suppose to be played together?

For instance, I have the entire Beatles catalog...and I like to sometimes put it all on "shuffle" so I can make my own version of an old classic radio station featured called "Breakfast with the Beatles"...where they just play different songs across their career. (yes, I'm old...so sue me).

But the thing is, there are some songs that are meant to be played together. Like on Abbey Road the songs "Golden Slumbers" "Carry That Weight" and "The End" are all really one song that flows together. But iTunes (and even on the CD) splits them into 3 separate songs. So when playing back on a shuffled playlist, you'll hear something like "The End" by itself.

So, is there a way to get iTunes to recognize that these 3 songs and others like it are suppose to be played together in a list no matter what?

2. LazyMacGuy macrumors member

At the moment you cannot do this. The best way would be to create a playlist and change the order of the songs so that the specific ones you wanted to follow on from each other were after each other.