iTunes and the case of the disappearing music

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sixxmum, Sep 14, 2014.

1. sixxmum macrumors 6502a

sixxmum

I don't know what forum to put this on, so I'm sorry if this is wrong. It doesn't apply to a specific iOS.

I haven't used iTunes to sync with or manage music on the iPhone for a couple of years, because it persistently ate my music and playlists, and then I would have to start all over. I don't even know what version it was, to be honest.

I would like to give it another try, but wanted some feedback on the stability of the interaction. How is it these days?

2. Ke1ington macrumors 6502a

Ke1ington

I've had the same issue over the years. I'll go to listen to a specific song and it's nowhere to be found along with the rest of the album. Happened to me about 30 minutes ago just today.

Extremely frustrating and I've never been able to find a good answer as to why it happens. Today was a little different in that it showed as purchased when I went to download it from the store again so I was unable to re-download. Searching my iTunes library turns up nothing.

Attached Files:

3. sixxmum thread starter macrumors 6502a

sixxmum

Yep. That's the thing. And the option to have iTunes look for it never seemed to work well. Sounds like it might still be a problem. Ah well, I have Spotify.