Itunes and track numbers

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ljonesj, Oct 11, 2010.

1. ljonesj macrumors 6502a

ljonesj

ok i was wondering for my playlist for my albums i go into ac/dc back in black playlist and see my tracks in the top there is track name the time artist and such and such u can right click and choose what u want to add i can add track number as for some reason my ipod touch if it does not have this for the playist the track numbers are out of order for each playlist so i was wondering can i do for all my playlists at once add track number with the name of the track time and such

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I would try to help, but I can't understand what you're asking. Please use punctuation to make your post more readable.

3. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Wow, use sentences please. I think you are asking why your tracks appear out of order on your iPod touch. The answer is you need to sort by "Album" (which should arrange by track number) and re-import the playlist.

But I could be totally wrong. Reading your original post gave me a mild headache.

4. ljonesj thread starter macrumors 6502a

ljonesj

what i have done to fix the out of order track numbers on the ipod touch. in itunes is use in my playlists is add track numbers along with track name, time, artist when you are in the playlist. i just want to do this is add track number to all playlist at one time if it can be done

5. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Unfortunately there is no good way to do this in iTunes. You could search dougscripts for an Applescript that might do this, or use a program like Media Rage (not free).