Itunes and wav files question.

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by discolash, Nov 18, 2014.

1. discolash macrumors newbie

Hey I hope this is is the correct forum to ask this question. If not feel free to move it.

I work with my brother in his retail store and he has one Mac (with Safari and Itunes ) with two separate parts, one computer with his stuff on it and one that I could use to check out websites so that I can keep myself busy waiting for customers. He also set me up with Itunes with some of the CDS that he sells and where I am downloading a free podcast each week which I really enjoy.

Everything was going great until this year when I must have done something I shouldn't have and now the computer is a bit slow. He has reset my side, clearing all my history, including my past podcasts. His computer is running faster now. For the time being, he has set me backup with internet access, but told me not to download anything. He wants to get me an IPAD or the like that I can use so as not to mess up the computer again, but he is taking his time. I missed ITunes and my favorite podcast so I thought that I would download Itunes on my home computer which I share with my parents.

They have a regular computer with Internet Explorer and the like. I downloaded Itunes a few days ago and I must have downloaded it too fast as now when my dad receives a voicemail message or a video on his Hotmail account that he used to listen to on WAV files , he cannot access them anymore as they now go straight to Itunes and they don't even seem to function properly, so now he can't hear his messages.

I'm just wondering what I did wrong. Did I do wrong by downloading Itunes on a computer that is not a Mac. Is there a way that I can only use Itunes to download podcasts and revert all other videos from Hotmail and other places back opening through .wav? If not, is my only other choice to uninstall Itunes on this computer? If so, does anyone know how I can do that?

Any help would be appreciated. I am really upset that I messed up:eek:

Thanks.

2. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

Internet Exporer on a Mac? How old is this Mac? What version of OS X are you running?