iTunes and Windows 10 - WON'T WORK

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by XTheLancerX, Aug 12, 2015.

1. XTheLancerX macrumors 68000

XTheLancerX

Anyone else having issues with iTunes and Windows 10?? It WILL NOT install for me. I've tried tons of solutions and nothing will work. One last thing I could try is maybe unticking "Read Only" on Program Files (x86), but I doubt that'll work at this point. I've installed and uninstalled and reinstalled iTunes 6-7 times now. I found where Apple had older versions of iTunes available for download, and iTunes 11 (final version before 12) worked perfectly.

2. Shirasaki macrumors 603

Shirasaki

Current latest iTunes may break iOS music library . I mean, Windows version.

I have encountered this.

3. XTheLancerX thread starter macrumors 68000

XTheLancerX

Is this something that Apple can release an iTunes version for to fix? Or is Windows 10 to blame? Or both? I'm not sure if this is specific to my computer or not, because I don't want to reinstall Windows. Again.

4. Shirasaki macrumors 603

Shirasaki

I am still not sure, but my library is broken after trying to sync a library with a majority of metadata of those files changed.

5. XTheLancerX thread starter macrumors 68000

XTheLancerX

Hmm. Well, hopefully it's fixed soon. I'm still curious whether or not this is pretty widespread or if we are experiencing very computer-specific issues.

6. macenied macrumors 6502a

macenied

I am currently installing iTunes 12 ( the latest available release ) on my clean W10 install. Everything there where it should be, no issues so far.

7. XTheLancerX thread starter macrumors 68000

XTheLancerX

Well, I have one more potential solution to try, and if that doesn't work, I will reset Windows 10. Again. Just did this a few days ago. But I don't think I can live without iTunes on my PC, I use it for every iOS update, and I need it to do restores and such. Now, if I clean install Windows 10 and it doesn't work, I'm done. If I clean install Windows 10, install iTunes successfully, and then it breaks later down the road, I will be equally as pissed.

It's so weird that the last version of iTunes 11 installed perfectly, but even trying the update to 12 from there failed. I even tried installing everything manually. Didn't work.

8. macenied macrumors 6502a

macenied

I did a lot of stuff with W10 and iTunes 12 ( downloaded the latest version today and installed it ) in the meantime today:

- deleting and authorizing iTunes devices
    - updating iOS on 2 devices
    - backup of devices
    - updating Apps
    - syncing Music
    - syncing notes to Outlook 2010
    - wireless syncing contacts and calendars using iCloud and Outlook 2010
    - changing and syncing mediathek

everything worked just fine. It should work for you as well.

9. lagwagon Suspended

lagwagon

Have you tried using the Apple Update Software program in Windows you get after installing all the bootcamp support software? I installed iTunes 12 through that just fine. This was one or two days after Windows 10 released.

10. macenied macrumors 6502a

macenied

if you reset anyways you can make a clean install instead. boot the iso, format ntfs and skip the license key. not sure if it makes a difference. i did that.

11. XTheLancerX thread starter macrumors 68000

XTheLancerX

I'm not running Windows 10 in bootcamp. This is on a regular PC, not a Mac.
    Hmm. I don't see how resetting wouldn't be clean enough, but maybe. All I've installed so far I believe is Skype, Winrar, Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Steam, Minecraft, technic launcher. I'm not sitting in front of my computer so I might be missing something but I don't see how installing those would cause conflicts, iTunes 12 installed just fine on my build of Windows 7 I had running since 2011 and you can only imagine how "unclean" that install was. I have a spare laptop with iTunes on it in the house, so if I can't get iTunes to work it won't be the end of the world but it still will be quite frustrating. It's a pretty crappy laptop and it's not even mine.

12. lagwagon Suspended

lagwagon

My bad. I assumed it was through bootcamp.

13. macenied macrumors 6502a

macenied

BootCamp IS a regular PC. For Windows, BootCamp is only a driver set ;) .

14. garya73 macrumors 6502

15. Demigod Mac macrumors 6502a

12.3 is out and the patch notes mention added Windows 10 compatibility.

I installed it via the Apple Software Update panel and it works fine.

16. TRDmanAE86 macrumors 6502

TRDmanAE86

Sweet guys thanks for the update. I'm about to duel boot Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 TP (slow ring)and, part of the 10 partition will hold iTunes 12 (The 8.1 partition has iTunes Version 11.4 and, I'm not updating it after I tried using it on a friend's laptop!) However, I need to back up my iOS 8.0.1 4S before I update to 8.0.2 and, I know for a fact iTunes 11 will not work with it.)

It's sad and, I wish I had another laptop lying around but, the only other one I have is a broken Windows 7 one with a fried hard drive and, a malfunctioning motherboard!