iTunes and Windows issue

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by SurferMan, Jan 14, 2012.

1. SurferMan, Jan 14, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2012

SurferMan macrumors 65816

Cousin is having issues, his iTunes (windows not Mac) is having some glitch where if you start it up it like loads half way but never connects to the store or anything when you try to. Even restarting the computer doesn't change anything, everything else works fine... except for iTunes. I honestly can't remember but can he just delete it and reinstall, and will all the apps and music etc automatically be restored to the new install???

I've never had to do that, so does it automatically find your purchases, apps, whatever.... or are there settings you have to manually do after re-installing to put back all your stuff from before?

2. ObuckiO macrumors regular

Is there a reason you didn't just Google it?
    Maybe this can help you. Reinstalling itunes on PC

3. SurferMan thread starter macrumors 65816

Actually I did and that link didn't pop up when searching, but it still didn't answer my question. I know to backup music library through an external drive.

What were trying to figure out primarily is if all (ton's and ton's) of apps/games for his kids iTouch/Pads, that were purchased are automatically there when you open up the new iTunes install? Or if you have to manually downloaded each one again one by one. B/c on here some have said their app's have shown back up, some said only some app's did, and others have said nothing showed back up on a fresh install... can't be all 3, has to be one. Appears on a fresh install, you'll pry have to go through the App store and re-download apps purchased.

4. takeshi74 macrumors 601

Sure it can -- depends on how the reinstall is done. Don't assume that all situations are identical.

5. sulliweb macrumors regular

sulliweb

Go to your Music folder. There should be an iTunes folder in there. Rename it. (iTunes2, whatever) Then, uninstall and reinstall iTunes. It may recreate the iTunes folder. If it does, delete the new iTunes folder. Then, rename your other folder back to iTunes.

Open iTunes, and everything should be there just as if you'd never uninstalled it at all.

Not sure how this will affect syncing devices, but I don't think it should cause any problems.

6. ObuckiO macrumors regular

I thought that was in the link. Overview: Notes, Backing up itunes link.
    Check into Time Machine ideas and if no other help responds on here maybe Apple care to be curtain. Hope it works for you.