iTunes: any way to queue songs without party shuffle?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Darth Maul, Sep 21, 2008.

1. Darth Maul macrumors newbie

Hi all,

Here is what I want to do in iTunes. Usually, either with all my music or within a particular playlist, I like to play songs in a random order (using the Shuffle option).

Now, suppose I notice another song that I haven't listened to in a while or for whatever reason, I want to have the option of play that song either
    (1) after the current song has finished playing, or
    (2) immediately.

Option (2) is straightforward. I just double click a song and it plays.
    For option (1), I know I can use the Party shuffle feature but if I do use that I know I can't do option (2) anymore. Because, to browse an entire playlist or music collection I have to step out of Party Shuffle. And once I find a song, if I double click on it to play it immediately, I am out of party shuffle and into the particular playlist or the Music folder. So, I can no longer do option (1).

So basically, iTunes enables me to do either option (1) or (2) but not both.

Is there anyway to do both? Is there a hack or a script that enables queuing similar to Winamp?

I have noticed this question asked before but no one appears to have given a concrete answer other than say "use party shuffle".

Sorry for the longish post but this has been bugging me for quite sometime!

2. tecknical macrumors regular

ive been looking for that forever too. i dont think there's such an option as of yet, but there might be some apple scripts out there

3. Gray-Wolf macrumors 68030

Gray-Wolf

A slight alternative, is click the song, and then click Genius. Create a new playlist with that song. Not a perfect answer, but an alternative.