iTunes/AOL issues

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Fenir, Jul 28, 2010.

1. Fenir macrumors regular

Wondering if anyone else who uses an AOL account can log into iTunes right now.

Here's my situation:

Bought an iTunes gift card a couple days ago, scratched off the code with my car keys, took the code right off. Read around on google saying if you entered the redeem code wrong 3 times, it would prompt you for the GCA code and what you could try to enter for the code, and that it would work or apple would email you back in 24-48 hrs.

I didn't hear back but was on the phone with apple for an hour today and finally got a replacement code - but now I can't log back into my account. I reset my password twice, and it doesnt work. I can log into AOL just fine. I can also log into a non AOL account on itunes (I had the AOL account before the apple ID, and never transferred purchases).

Anyways, I read on the first page where I found out about the GCA code that someone posted that they had thought they got banned for that process. I thought that was spam and still consider it to be spam, but you never know. What's weird is that when I try to update my apps with my iPhone, it shows my username and asks for the password, so when i type it in, it says (this is on the phone) "The AOL scren name you entered couldnt be found...please try again"etc, and after three times it asks if i want to reset it. But if I type in for my password, some gibberish like ejf7aajs, it just says "The iTunes store password is incorrect". So when I enter the correct password and the wrong password, I get two different errors.

Any thoughts? Maybe I'll just check back in to the store in a couple hours. It just sucks I can't update my apps or spend my gift card now.

2. Fenir thread starter macrumors regular

So I just hooked up my phone, and it says, "This computer is no longer authorized for applications on my computer"....is it only saying this because I logged out on both iTunes on the phone and my computer?

3. Xavier macrumors 68020

4. Fenir thread starter macrumors regular

I never "used" it, I just had the account name from whenever because it didn't originally need a credit card number way back in 2005 or whenever I got my first iPod. (and I use aim)

5. megax macrumors member

6. twoeyedox macrumors newbie

Ditto. I can not access may AOL Screen Name and password. Neither has changed and I can access my AOL account settings just fine from AOL.

7. Fenir thread starter macrumors regular

8. megax macrumors member

if its being phased out they would atleast give you a chance to switch it to an apple ID i cant even do that cause it says my account doesnt exist

9. Fenir thread starter macrumors regular

I finally got things fixed. According to the email I got back yes, it is being phased out, and you will have to have the account converted to you. So I would email iTunes, and to save yourself sometime, give them:

A) The billing address on your AOL account
    B) Your Permission

and

C) At least one object purchased on the account

and they should convert the account and reset its password to you in an email, from there just login and change it if need be. My credits transferred and my apps updated, so all is good now.