iTunes app does not pick up where left off

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by sk24iam, Jan 23, 2013.

1. sk24iam macrumors regular

If I am listening to music on shuffle and I pause the song and come back the next day to resume where I left off, it usually starts up again a handful of songs back from where I paused. Why does it do this?

2. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

The music app is incredibly broken in iOS 6.

You've stumbled upon one problem. Another one is music search, which worked fine in iOS 5 but now has the competence of a knife-weilding marmot.

I've seen others mention these on this board, so I know it's not just me. I am confused, however, as to why it's received about 0.0001% as much attention as the damned maps have.

3. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

I'm with you OP I have had times where I pick my phone up the next day and find I'm back at the first song I started off with the day before and also in 6.1 I've spotted if you turn the volume down for music and then change tracks the volume slider will move as if I've increased volume

4. dave420 macrumors 65816

Thanks for mentioning this. That has been bothering me for a while now. Every time I get in my car it seems like my phone has jumped back 5 songs or so.

I had wondered that as well. When iOS 6 came out I couldn't listen to music for about a month. Everyone else was complaining about maps, and all I wanted to do was be able to listen to some music. (Turns out that it was trying to download hundreds of songs in the iTunes app. I stumbled across that by accident, even calling AppleCare was no help).