iTunes app section shows a 1 next to it all the time

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by lindsayanng, Aug 1, 2008.

1. lindsayanng macrumors 68000

lindsayanng

I only have 6 apps on my iphone AND itunes, and i have been updating my apps through my iphone, but also through itunes so that when i sync, everything works right..

anyways, recently i noticed that there is a little 1 sitting next to the Applications link on the left side.

Does that mean that there is an update? Or a stuck update?? what in the WORLD is going on???

2. sharp65 macrumors 6502

It's been that way for me also for a while, I just ignore it.

3. chrisb3 macrumors regular

Why don't you click on it and see what it thinks there's an update for?

4. Mindflux macrumors 68000

Mindflux

Why don't you SEARCH. PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD.

5. lindsayanng thread starter macrumors 68000

lindsayanng

i dont wanna ingnore it. I want to know what the issue is. I dont want anything constantly running on my cpu

6. razorianfly macrumors 65816

razorianfly

As no-one answered your question, it means a new update is available.

Something worthy of note: Apple's updating system is messed up, currently, as updates are notifying users when they are not needed, or, as an example,
    iTunes 7.7.1 'updated' all my applications to 'older' versions yesterday. :rolleyes:

R-Fly

7. lindsayanng thread starter macrumors 68000

lindsayanng

i;m sorry.. i SHOULD have clarified.. i was in the middle of something else when i posted.. but when i CLICK on it, it does not show any updates.. and did i say i have been keeping up with the updates on my phone AND itunes?? so i KNOW what an update looks like.. its just this ONE little 1 is still there, with NO UPDATE>

thanks for offering a REAL answer.. BTW< i am usually a BIG fan of searching before answers, but this STUCK 1 has no answers yet

8. lindsayanng thread starter macrumors 68000

lindsayanng

9. Surely Guest

Surely

Click on this in the Applications section at the bottom right. That should fix 'er.

Attached Files:

10. rbean20 macrumors newbie

For those who have experienced this issue and not found resolution, you might be in the same boat I am in. I have multiple iTunes accounts, so I have to log in to each individual account and then download the apps updates for each of my three accounts.

Perhaps Apple will one day come up with a way for me to combine these accounts. Until then, this step takes a little extra work.