Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!
  • Did you order new AirTags? We've opened a dedicated AirTags forum.

lindsayanng

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 4, 2008
East Haven, CT
I only have 6 apps on my iphone AND itunes, and i have been updating my apps through my iphone, but also through itunes so that when i sync, everything works right..

anyways, recently i noticed that there is a little 1 sitting next to the Applications link on the left side.

Does that mean that there is an update? Or a stuck update?? what in the WORLD is going on???

razorianfly

macrumors 65816
Oct 16, 2007
Cheshire, United Kingdom
As no-one answered your question, it means a new update is available.

Something worthy of note: Apple's updating system is messed up, currently, as updates are notifying users when they are not needed, or, as an example,
iTunes 7.7.1 'updated' all my applications to 'older' versions yesterday. :rolleyes:

R-Fly

Comment

lindsayanng

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 4, 2008
East Haven, CT
i;m sorry.. i SHOULD have clarified.. i was in the middle of something else when i posted.. but when i CLICK on it, it does not show any updates.. and did i say i have been keeping up with the updates on my phone AND itunes?? so i KNOW what an update looks like.. its just this ONE little 1 is still there, with NO UPDATE>

thanks for offering a REAL answer.. BTW< i am usually a BIG fan of searching before answers, but this STUCK 1 has no answers yet

Comment

Surely

Oct 27, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Click on this in the Applications section at the bottom right. That should fix 'er.

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    6.8 KB · Views: 756
Comment

rbean20

macrumors newbie
Mar 20, 2013
For those who have experienced this issue and not found resolution, you might be in the same boat I am in. I have multiple iTunes accounts, so I have to log in to each individual account and then download the apps updates for each of my three accounts.

Perhaps Apple will one day come up with a way for me to combine these accounts. Until then, this step takes a little extra work.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.