iTunes App store down?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by gray67, Aug 28, 2008.

1. gray67 macrumors member

gray67

Is anyone currently having issues accessing the iTunes App Store for downloading? I have 3 app updates that I've been trying to get and I keep timing out. Browsing the store is fine, password checking works fine but it keeps failing on the download itself. It's 4:08PM EST, if anyone needs a reference point.

Just wanted to know if it was me or everyone. Thanks!

2. Trajectory macrumors 6502a

It's working for me, just downloaded a free app no problems.

3. bbplayer5 macrumors 68030

4. westernmass macrumors 6502

westernmass

5. Trajectory macrumors 6502a

Okay, after my first post, I got an error message while the app I downloaded was installing:

Authorization failed, please connect to iTunes.

And the app didn't install. Tried it again and got the same message. Something ain't working right in the App store.

6. Lesser Evets macrumors 68040

Lesser Evets

Been having problems here!

Just started working again.

7. pianos101 macrumors regular

I've been having problems for about 24 hours now. Last night I got the error "cannot download applicaiton" or something like that. Now i'm getting this error:

"Store Credit Unavailable. Due to a problem with the iTunes store, your store credit balance is temporarily unavailable for us in purchasing music; you may continue purchasing using a different method of payment."

I have about a $5 credit on my account, but i'm trying to buy a free app anyway!! Grr apple.

8. keviano macrumors newbie

keviano

Yep, same problem here. I have about $18 in credit on the ITS and got this message trying to rent a movie. It has been like this for a few hours now.

[​IMG]

9. ZDDP1273 macrumors 6502

I'm having the same problem. The apps still download directly to your phone though if you go through the iPhone App Store.

10. GottaLoveApple4 macrumors member

Same Here

Im getting the same dialog box here about the itunes store credit being unavailable...It is not just the apps though but seems like for me the entire store...:( I do not have credit in my account though as I am just trying to download some free stuff. I bought 2 movies yesterday and there was not a problem so I don't know what is going on.

11. KarlosW macrumors newbie

Same problem here…

…and I don't even have a store credit.

12. manon1165 macrumors newbie