iTunes & App store password setting in 8.3 removed?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by TwoBytes, Apr 8, 2015.

1. TwoBytes macrumors 68020

TwoBytes

"It's also now possible to turn on a setting to allow you to download free apps without the need to enter your password. We have a full list of the changes in iOS 8.3 in our iOS 8 Features Roundup."

and

http://www.macrumors.com/2015/03/23/ios-8-3-new-password-siri-features/

In the Settings menu of an iOS device running iOS 8.3 beta 3, there's a new option under iTunes & App Store labeled "Password Settings." In this section, there is an option to change the password settings for purchases and in-app purchases, choosing options to either "Always Require" a password when making a purchase, or to "Require After 15 Minutes."

"Always Require" and "Require After 15 Minutes" are not new settings -- the options have previously been located within the Restrictions section of the Settings app -- but a user is required to select one in order to access a new password toggle setting, which lets users toggle the password requirement for free apps on and off. When toggled on, downloads labeled as "GET" in the App Store will not require a password.

I don't see mine! maybe it was removed MR? Unless i'm looking in the wrong place. Settings>iTunes & App store. No password option.

2. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

I also don't see it. I think if you have Touch ID enabled you don't get this option.

3. Traverse macrumors 603

Traverse

Someone in that thread said it was under General > Restrictions

4. TwoBytes thread starter macrumors 68020

TwoBytes

Good thought, I have touch ID so guess that's it :cool:

5. adamhenry macrumors 65816

adamhenry

I don't see it but I have touch id enabled as well.

6. mrochester macrumors 65816

You're unlikely to see this option with Touch ID enabled as you're not entering a password when purchasing/downloading apps, so it doesn't make sense!

7. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

When I downloaded an app today on my iPad Air 2 (on 8.3 and with TouchID enabled) I was presented with a pop-up window to enable it.

8. dojoman macrumors 65816

But I don't see free app with on/off to toggle password requirement. There was a prompt to either password required or after 15 mins only.

9. nightstalkerz macrumors 6502

I have to go to restrictions on mine to see those settings.

10. TheLondonFella Suspended

TheLondonFella

11. Gravemold macrumors newbie

It works. I have Touch ID on my devices. What you do is download a free app and from there it'll ask you if you want to always require a password or every 15 minutes. I do the second option. I download another free app and then the prompt comes up asking if I want it to automatically get free apps. I had to put my password in both times.

12. Paddle1 macrumors 68030

I have it as an option under Settings > iTunes & App Store > Password Settings. My restrictions are disabled.

13. Photography macrumors 65816

Photography

This method worked for me with Touch ID enabled, although I cannot find the app settings for this after enabling it in Settings > General > Restrictions or Settings > Touch ID & Passcode. Any ideas?

14. TheLondonFella Suspended

TheLondonFella

Exactly the same for me ...

15. yaboyac29 macrumors 6502a

except i'll have to put in my password when i restart my phone..

16. dojoman macrumors 65816

Are you using TouchID for App Store? I don't see this option except a window pop up if I downloaded free app twice. One dialog box asking to choose Always password or 15 min later. Then download another free app it will ask to keep password remember for Free app.

17. Paddle1 macrumors 68030

No Touch ID, I just tapped on 15 minutes later and it allowed me to disable it for free apps.

18. pixelwix macrumors member

pixelwix

sign out of appstore account and sign back in, should be there. thats what worked for me

19. big3etr macrumors newbie

You will only see that PASSWORD SETTINGS under iTunes and App Store if you have TouchID for iTunes and App Store disabled under TouchID, unless you refer to the method above and set it as you download a couple free apps.