iTunes/App Store region change

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by Geeyan :), Dec 23, 2014.

1. Geeyan :) macrumors newbie

Geeyan :)

Heyyo. :p I have a question. I want to buy a game from the App Store. I don't have any credit card, so the only way is to buy iTunes Card. I am from Philippines and the stores here only sell US iTunes Card. I already googled some things and you can buy games/apps by changing the region. My question is, If I change my region to US, will my downloaded apps be deleted? I haven't purchased anything, just downloaded free apps. I read that If I change my region, my purchases will be deleted. Thank you and Happy Holidays! :)

2. zainjetha macrumors 6502a

Yes your apps will indeed be deleted.

What I'd recommend for convenience sake is using a Philippines Debit Card. It will indeed serve you better in the long run not changing regions. Plus you have to make up a fake address which isn't truthful.

3. Sangoma macrumors member

I have had no problems switching regions. In fact, I have apps from three different regions. They do not get deleted, although managing the updates is a bit of a pain.

4. newellj macrumors 601

You're a little ahead of me; I have apps from only two regions. I can confirm that they do not get deleted (and that the updates are a small pain - you just need to log in and out of the different stores).

5. J.C macrumors 6502

I can also confirm that there's no issue with changing regions to install apps. Apps are NOT deleted. I have apps installed from multiple regions. The only downside is you have to change regions for updates.

6. sohaloh macrumors regular

The apps are not deleted, plus updates aren't as complicated as the other users have stated. Unless you keep the old apps on your phone, you will need to change the region each time you update them. If you delete the apps and redownload from your new region you wont need to change regions to update. Even if you have paid apps the appstore will recognize that you have bought an item before in another region, once you click buy. It will inform you that you have already purchased the said app and allow you to download it for free.

7. newellj macrumors 601

I have a different Apple iTunes store ID for the two different regions, so I actually have to log out of the US store and log into the UK store when I want to update my UK-only apps.