iTunes app sync issues (iphone and ipad)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DropKick, Aug 17, 2010.

1. DropKick macrumors member

Does anyone else run into the problem of iTunes randomly syncing apps you don't want installed... and never checked to be installed?

I have multiple iDevices and every time I sync them, iTunes randomly (seems like) choose applications that may have been on the iphone and tries to sync it to the iPad or vice a versa.

Does this happen to anyone else and is there a fix besides not syncing applications at all?

Thanks for any advice.

2. SophiaLee macrumors 6502a

SophiaLee

I think the easiest way is to just make separate user accounts for each iDevice.

ETA: Maybe not easiest, but most foolproof.

3. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

first, do you maybe have this checked
    [​IMG]

second, when you first got your iPad and plugged it in for the first time, did you select "Setup as New" or "From an iPhone Backup"? it could be that iTunes thinks that your iPad is your phone and iTunes see that an App that is currently on your phone is not on your iPad and thinks that it should be, and vise versa.

4. iicarus macrumors newbie

Different sync issues

I have a different problem. Whilst syncing my iPad or iPhone, my applications on my Mac randomly spread out, as if I've squeezed the mouse (but I swear I haven't!!).

Anyone else have this issue, and if so, how do I resolve, as it's really irritating!

Thanks!