iTunes app updates: descriptions gone.

Discussion in 'OS X Yosemite (10.10)' started by sflomenb, Oct 20, 2014.

1. sflomenb macrumors 6502a

sflomenb

I've noticed that iTunes on Yosemite doesn't show descriptions of iOS app updates anymore for some reason. Any suggestions how to fix this? Anyone else have this problem?

Attached Files:

2. Cinab1mt macrumors regular

Im glad you brought this up! I am having the same issue. May not seem like a big deal but many times I will delete an app until it is released with that "1 update I was looking for". It still shows the descriptions when downloading apps on my ios devices but not in iTunes, I hope this is a preference "check mark" I am missing somewhere...can anyone help?

3. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

4. StingerT125 macrumors 6502a

StingerT125

I am seeing this too. Just came to see if it was happening to anyone else.

Does anyone have the descriptions?

5. ljdonato macrumors member

Same here. I believe it was the 12.0.1 update. I specifically can recall seeing the descriptions in Yosemite last week, but not after the iTunes update. to 12.0.1.26 Also, on other forums, people are reporting the same problem with Mavericks and iTunes 12.0.1
    So it seems it is iTunes, not the OS.
    I am also very interested to see if anyone with Yosemite and iTunes 12.0.1 can see the descriptions. Maybe we can try to find common ground.
    Also, I have already reported the issue with Apple. Recommend everyone to do the same.

6. ljdonato macrumors member

Great news! This issue seems to have been solved, and it does not need an update of iTunes.
    Sometime in the past 24 hours, Apple seems to have made some changes in iTunes servers, and now the update text is back.

7. sflomenb thread starter macrumors 6502a

sflomenb

Thank you for posting! It's working for me as well.