Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chikusho

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 19, 2008
:mad:Has anyone tried to get a refund for crashing programs?

I purchased "pocketmoney" a few days ago and every time I try to open it, it crashes. I contacted the developer and tried his recommendation, but still can't get it to work.

I just got an email from the developer of "pocketmoney" telling me that the only way to get a refund is to contact apple.:eek:

I sent an email through iTunes asking for a help, but got a message to contact the developer.:eek:

Needless to say, I won't be purchasing anymore applications for the time being.

movielover21

macrumors newbie
Nov 12, 2007
US
I am really sorry to hear about your problem.

Only thing I can suggest is, keep at it. I know it's annoying, but that's probably the only way to get your money back.

Andronicus

macrumors 6502a
Apr 1, 2008
:mad:Has anyone tried to get a refund for crashing programs?

I purchased "pocketmoney" a few days ago and every time I try to open it, it crashes. I contacted the developer and tried his recommendation, but still can't get it to work.

Was his recommendation to delete & Re-sync? I had the same problem, but that fixed it.

chikusho

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 19, 2008
I sent a message through iTunes to Apple and got a reply that my account would be credited.

It's too bad that the developers don't have more control of the situation.

The developer also informed me that he has a newer version available, but Apple has to approve of it first

I hope other developers aren't going through the same mess.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.