Itunes application upgrade issue

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Ascleipus, Oct 13, 2010.

1. Ascleipus macrumors newbie

i don't know if this actually fits here but i found no forum which suits this post nicely, hopefully someone will be able to help me though. I have owned an iphone 3Gs for about a year and i've used an itunes account to download applications. but now the credit card has expired and i only wish to have an account which does not have a credit card on it (avoid temptations^^). However there came an update to an application i paid for but i cannot download it due to me buying it on a different account so now i don't know how on earth i can get this new major update :( any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Ascleipus thread starter macrumors newbie

does it become less recent?

please respond

BUMP

3. TastyOther macrumors member

Sign in on the old account. I've had a similar issue where I got software on the US store due to being given a voucher code for it, and it showed in my UK store but wouldn't download the upgrade until I switched to the US one (actually, it was easier to sign in on the device to perform the upgrade, as it came up with that account for password entry).

4. Ascleipus thread starter macrumors newbie

yes but you see i can no longer use that account for anything since the credit card expired which sucks, is there any way i can tell it to not use any credit card?

5. Ascleipus thread starter macrumors newbie