iTunes apps list

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by globalist, Aug 16, 2011.

1. globalist macrumors 6502a

So when you're in your iTunes list of apps, why is there no way to get from an app to its corresponding itunes page?

2. CarletonTorpin macrumors member

Good question. I recommend telling Apple directly and perhaps it will be in a future version of iTunes. Unless you have a really commonly named app, it should be easy enough to find the app page by just copying and pasting the name into the search box.

3. globalist thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thing is, you cannot even copy an app name from the list. Unless I'm missing something obvious.

But how hard would it be for Apple to link let's say the app icon (or the name if you're in list view) to an itunes page anyway?

4. CarletonTorpin macrumors member

Ah HA! Found it. Attached is a video that explains it better than my text will.

Basically, you need to navigate to "Apps" in iTunes (listed under "Library). Find the app whose iTunes page you want to locate, click that tiny grey little circle with the arrow on it, and select the name of the app from the dropdown menu. It will take you to the app's official itunes page with the screenshots, reviews, etc.

http://vimeo.com/27826122

5. globalist thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ah, cool! Not very obvious but does the job nonetheless. Thanks!

Now to find the same way to navigate from iTunes Purchase history... :D