iTunes Apps on Mac?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Mr. Incredible, Jan 6, 2011.

1. Mr. Incredible macrumors 6502a

This is probably a stupid question, and I think I already know the answer for it already, but I'm just curious.

Is it possible to use your apps from iTunes and install them to your Mac?

I mean, many Apps that you get from iTunes are compatible between 3 idevices (iPhone, iPod, and iPad), so why not make it compatible with another idevice (iMac)?

It's just, I got over 100 apps, and I would love to be able to play most of those games and such on my iMac, instead of having to buy it all over again.

Is this possible, or no chance in hell?

Could there be a future update allowing this?

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

3. Sapphire08 macrumors member

Sapphire08

Oh grrrrr - I was hoping the answer was going to be yes!!! I thought I read some where that this might be the case - oh please Apple make this happen - it will so great!!!

4. Kahnyl macrumors 68000

One's is based on direct input and the other has an extra layer of abstraction. Without modification, the apps aren't compatible conceptually or technically. Yet.

5. calb macrumors 6502

As much as I like picking up my MBP and turning it upside down, nothing changes on the screen. :(

No, some developers make the most of the iPhone, iPad and Mac split; I have Flight Control on all three...