Itunes AppStore ID Hacked? Can't Change ID

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by patrix, Apr 13, 2011.

1. patrix, Apr 13, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2011

patrix macrumors newbie

Hi,
    I just noticed a weird thing on my iphone 3GS.

I wanted to update an app from the app store, but I noticed that my ID (email) has changed... (in fact it kept asking me for password)
    See attached.

then I tried to remove my real account from the settings, but still the same problem.

Now I understand why my iphone couldn't sync with itunes anymore!

any ideas?

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      34.4 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      70.6 KB
      Views:
  2. Toneezyp macrumors newbie

I too noticed that my email has been changed. I went to settings and my own email appeared there but when I try to so an update this email shows up: "freegerry@freenet.de" i have not tried to sync but my only options as of now are to do a restore. if anyone knows anything about these new happening or if someone is hacking 4.XX, please let us know!

3. patrix thread starter macrumors newbie

yes... I had to restore in order to fix both problems (sync and itunes app store)...

but I'd really would like to understand why that happened...
    want to be sure that nobody can steal private data.... you know what I mean...

4. elan123 macrumors 6502

same here, heard about something fishy..

5. Toneezyp macrumors newbie

Found the solution

Thank you guys for all input, I found out what the problem was. I downloaded an app from installous on my Jb iPhone and apparently it wasn't "handled" correctly and when it installs I guess it also puts in the person's email, after uninstalling the app it removed the linked email. I really was scared tho! Thanx all again!