iTunes art work reverting back...

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Burr510, Nov 20, 2010.

1. Burr510 macrumors member

Burr510

I'm having some iTunes issues on my iMac.

I'm going through all my albums and changing the artwork to a higher quality image. Most of the albums are changing.... but there are some that are not changing.

They change in the "Now Playing" area in the bottom left.. but the art work in the rest of iTunes stays the same... even if I delete the art work out (blanking it out) then add the new art work.. it reverts back to the old.

any ideas

2. dknightd, Nov 20, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2010

dknightd macrumors 6502

Much of the artwork that itunes actually displays is drawn from its cache. sounds like for some reason your cache is not being updated when you update the embeded art. You can safely delete that "Album Artwork/Cache" folder, itunes will regenerate it as needed.

edit: make a backup if you are nervous, and you might want to do this when itunes is not running.

3. Burr510 thread starter macrumors member

Burr510

Cool. that make sense... do you know how to do this?
    thanks in advance.

4. dknightd macrumors 6502

Drag the folder ~yourusername/Music/iTunes/Album Artwork/Cache to the trash. Empty trash.

5. Eldiablojoe macrumors 6502a

Eldiablojoe

Following your advice, I just did this. Holy Crap, I have like 1,950 some odd items in there now being emptied from Trash. Can't wait to see how long it takes iTunes to re-download all that album artwork, lol!