itunes artwork finder and saver

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by UKBeast, Oct 8, 2010.

1. UKBeast macrumors 6502

Hi,

I have got loads mp3 songs and I need to have artwork info in id tag and i want to happen automatically instead of selecting songs one by one.

Is there any software for mac does this ?

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Yes, it's called iTunes:
    ScreenCap 2.PNG

3. UKBeast thread starter macrumors 6502

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Do you have an iTunes Store account? Are you logged in?

5. UKBeast thread starter macrumors 6502

Yes, it is not finding most of them.. it does have impact on the archive but negligible amounts

6. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

It won't find artwork for more obscure albums, or for files that don't have the proper tag info for Album, Album Artist, Track name, etc. If your tag info isn't accurate, many automated methods won't work.

7. Tec972 macrumors member

iTunes is VERY particular on downloaded artwork. There are many times all your info can be correct for music, but if it is not exactly as listed in iTunes, often it will not download the artwork. They really don't like you downloading their artwork unless it was bought from them otherewise they would be much more liberal about the download working, for example you would only need the album name and it would download but that is not the case. Remember, :apple: are control freaks.

Sometimes if the genre, album artist or artist are not exactly as in iTunes it won't download.

Tuneup media is a pretty good program for fixing lots of stuff and downloading artwork but it still takes work if you are very particular about your library.

I am currently going through lots of music and it's very time consuming.

Also, itunes doesn't have THAT much compared to amazon. There is a lot of music they do not carry. Many times you will have CD's and stray music that itunes doesn't have therefore you cannot download artwork.

8. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I still prefer adding artwork manually. The quality of artwork iTunes downloads usually isn't that great. I get much higher-quality artwork at sites like Album Art Exchange. It takes more time, but the end result is great.

9. Discaciate macrumors member

Discaciate

Tune-up

I use the Tune-Up app.
    It's a paid and a bit expensive IMO.
    But it is worth it if you have tons of music files in need of tagging.

10. clientsiman macrumors 6502

clientsiman

I always try iTunes first and if I am not satisfied with the quality I use http://www.discogs.com to find my artwork. Albumartexchange is also very good.

11. Tec972 macrumors member

+1

I also use album art exchange, when they do have the artwork you want it is EXCELLENT quality!!

12. Tec972 macrumors member

I am also using tuneup media, sometimes its magical due to the fact that it digitally listens to songs, but it still requires investigation on many occurances because it can tag a lot of songs improperly.

I wish they had something as good as sound hound and shazaam for a computer. There are many times when tune up media will tag improperly but 95% of the time sound hound will get it, AND show the proper album the song originally appeared on.

Whats bad about tune up media is that you can get different results with the same file. If I see that it is off and I figure out the right album the song was on thru other means, I can put that info in and then sometimes it will come back with the original album the song was on. Tuneup media works pretty good, but it still takes effort just to make sure it's right on many occasions especially that it finds the right album art and the quality of what it finds. Too often it comes back with various artist cd's for stuff that was on a full length album by the original artist.

My time consuming workflow for labeling right now is iphone for soundhound, mac, with itunes library open, safari open for internet artwork and investigation and another itunes store window open to see if I can get stuff out of there and search in the itunes store when need be. IT TOTALLY BLOWS. They really really need to have something as good as sound hound for the mac.

If iTunes could listen, label, correctly tag files, and download the artwork, i would lick Jobs' boots REPEATEDLY!!! and swear to never use anything else for music ever again despite so many of its shortcomings.

I really wish Winamp worked on a mac. I love it. It also uses gracenote's database and it can autotag songs with the push of a button and show you the artwork and the program is FREE and very very good.