iTunes artwork help

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Tec972, Nov 1, 2010.

1. Tec972 macrumors member

Why is it that sometimes when I go to finder that all my music will have artwork but it will not embed in the preview pane. Or sometimes it won't show up in the little icon next to the file. I use column view in finder. There are times when album cover art doesn't show next to the song but I do in fact have album art for those files. Does it only work in the preview pane if it was actually added by itunes? I add some from iTunes and some of it manually.

I would really like the cover art to be encoded and embedded as part of the file. I have been spending a lot of time going over my music collection trying to get things in order.

It will happen in windows also. I have been managing all my music on the mac (because it's much easier than doing it on the windows machine) and finding correct artwork and making all the id3 tags correct. When I transfer those files to the windows machine there will still be some songs that don't show the cover art on the icons when I do in fact have cover art for those files. Most of them show up correctly, but maybe 10-20% don't show the associated artwork.

Any insight from all the mac guru's would be greatly appreciated!!
    Thanks

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

3. Tec972 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks, those links you posted were helpful. Also learned about the download artwork feature in iTunes. Now I know I'm not the only one with the same problem.

If I read that correctly, it saves it on the HDD and indexes it to the file instead of embedding it. So from now on I will copy all that artwork to the file instead so it becomes part of the file.

Although it will take up more space it will always be there