iTunes artwork not loading completely now

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by wis99ski, Nov 17, 2009.

1. wis99ski macrumors newbie

Anyone ever have a problem getting their album artwork to load completely after copying a music library and artwork folders etc. to another drive (external)? I originally had no problems doing this from an iMac to a external drive then using my macbook pro to access the other library of music from my macbook pro.

The problem lies when I copied the library from one external hard drive to another it didnt really like the original library and artwork. It must be something maybe with the advanced settings on where its reading from the library or something..? Anyone understand what I am saying? Dont really understand why it would only load 3/4's of the artwork

2. HiFiGuy528 macrumors 68000

HiFiGuy528

Does it help if you rebuild the Artwork for a album? Right Click on album and pick "get artwork". Do one and see if it fixes the problem. If it does then go to Advance and select Get Album Artwork. That will fetch for all albums in library.

3. wis99ski thread starter macrumors newbie

I did the right click 'get artwork'. (didnt have to the first time I moved the complete library to an external from a iMac) on my macbook pro accessing the external HD. iTunes said "processing artwork" and the artwork never showed up. This is odd, that never happened when getting artwork that way either.

4. wis99ski thread starter macrumors newbie

Does anyone have any solid advise on creating a new library with a list of music folders and the artwork folder to work together? I know iTunes creates the folders and subfolders for you but is there a way to correctly make your own?