Itunes artwork now switching automatically

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by frankiechan1, Jul 5, 2010.

1. frankiechan1 macrumors member

ok so this just started happening this morning, whenever i play a song just by double clicking it in the library, the album artwork of that song shows up correctly, but if u click the nxt button or it just changes song automatically and randomly after the previous one is done, the artwork stays the same and doesnt switch to the correct one. Strange Strange strange problem, anyone got any solutions?

2. iambasil macrumors regular

It is most likely that you have it set to show the artwork for the highlighted track rather than the playing track. If this is the case, on top of the artwork viewer it would say 'Selected Item' - click this and it will change to 'Now Playing'.

I once had iTunes overwrite an album with the totally wrong artwork for some reason - never got to the bottom of that one!

3. frankiechan1 thread starter macrumors member

4. Avery macrumors newbie

This does seem to be a change in the way the artwork panel works. It's caused me to paste artwork into a few wrong albums too. I prefer it to stick to whatever I set it to last, "Now Playing" or "Select Item". Now it the playing item's artwork is showing and I click on something else it switches to "Selected Item", if I click on the artwork area label a few times to make sure it's on "Selected Item" and then the playing song ends it will still switch to "Now Playing" and switch the artwork...even if the item that's playing doesn't have any artwork. Maybe someone can find a hidden pref to set it back to the original behavior.