iTunes Artwork Screensaver Help

Discussion in 'macOS' started by JamonBull, Jul 19, 2010.

1. JamonBull macrumors regular

JamonBull

OK so I love the iTunes artwork screensaver that comes built in to OSX, but there is a slight problem that I'm having with it and was hoping to find some kind of workaround. Basically, the screensaver is displaying all of my podcast 'album covers', where as I really just want it to show the album covers in my music library. Is there a way to get the screensaver to ignore the podcasts?

I was thinking maybe the easiest way to do it would be to move the podcasts folder in my iTunes library to another directory rather than in 'music', but would that mean iTunes would save new podcasts to the new directory or save in the original automatic spot? Hrmmm. Help please!

2. MacKeeperFanMod macrumors regular

MacKeeperFanMod

Try moving the folder with the podcasts.
    But you are right, new podcasts will be stored on the old ways. And I do not know whether it is possible to change.
    It says that you can change the general directory, but not subdirectories.

Good luck!:)

3. JamonBull thread starter macrumors regular

JamonBull

Yeah I tried moving it out of the music directory but for some reason the screensaver still picked the images up, and you are quite right in saying new podcast downloads automatically recreates that original 'podcast' folder in the music directory. Argh. This is really bugging me. I love showing off my album covers minus my podcast covers! Anybody else know a fix? Thanks anyway MacKeeperFanMod...