iTunes artwork screensaver

Discussion in 'macOS' started by andrewmulligan, May 31, 2007.

1. andrewmulligan macrumors member

just a quick issue with my iTunes artwork screensaver here... it only displays podcast artwork. and if there aren't any podcasts then it acts as if there is no artwork. I've replaced the file with a few friend's, and some from the ?store, as well as cleared the plist, but nothing.. any ideas?

2. decksnap macrumors 68040

decksnap

The last time I used the iTunes screensaver was when Apple broke it with iTunes 7. At that point, the screensaver did not display any artwork that wasn't embedded in the audio files, so any artwork added through the 'get artwork' feature in iTunes did not show up in the screensaver. This could still be the case, but I haven't check it out lately.

Perhaps you Podcasts are the only ones with embedded artwork?

3. epochblue macrumors 68000

epochblue

I think TPAM is correct. The screensaver still works a peach for me, but I have all my artwork embedded into the files.

4. andrewmulligan thread starter macrumors member

ah, you guys are probably right.
    they must have broken it with iT7.
    oh well.

haha, that was my favorite too. ;)

thanks guys. :)

5. decksnap macrumors 68040

decksnap

But it begs the question... how could they knowingly break their own software with their own software? And why has it taken so long to fix? I mean, the whole point of seperating the images from the music was for faster load time and quick access to large amounts of cover art (coverflow). You'd think it would be easy enough to fix the screensaver. I used to love it.