iTunes Artwork Screensaver...

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Gav, Jul 11, 2007.

1. Gav macrumors regular

Bonjour!

So I have a music libary of about 500 un-drmed 320kbps MP3 files, that iTunes has imported and copied to its own folders, and got the Album Artwork for itself (I didn't supply it). However, when I try to use the iTunes Screensaver thingy (Look under screensaver in system preferences), it only comes up with the 8 albums which I have brought from the iTunes Music Store.

Any ideas?

2. epochblue macrumors 68000

epochblue

For the iTunes Artwork Screensaver to work, the album art has to be embedded into the file rather than the "new way" of being in the Album Artwork folder...

3. Gav thread starter macrumors regular

Ah, you can't do this with MP3 files though, can you?

4. epochblue macrumors 68000

epochblue

I'm fairly certain you can....but I mainly use AAC so I'm not 100%...more like 99%ish.

5. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

You need to take each album, highlight every song and get info for all in iTunes. Then you can drag the album art picture into the art slot. This will copy the art to each song for that album. After that your iTunes should look real nice wth album art and your screensaver will use all the art.

jon

6. Gav thread starter macrumors regular

Thing is though, iTunes allready has lots of nice Artwork.

I basically took my 500 songs, opened them, iTunes imported them all (they had perfect ID3 tags, which was a godsend) and then I told it to find the album artwork, it went online and got it all and downloaded it.

So I have the Artwork allready in iTunes, just not on the screensaver?

7. afornander macrumors 6502

ya, it really bugs me that apple cant intagrate the (get artwork) feature in itunes and the itunes artwork screensaver, im really hoping that they fix this in 10.5 because i have tons of artwork myself and i can only see about 10 albums:mad:.....Please fix this APPLE!!!!!:apple::eek:

i say we get 100's of people to join together and send angry emails, Grrrrr..