iTunes Artwork

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by modelbehaviour, Jun 24, 2010.

1. modelbehaviour macrumors 6502

I can't add artwork to anything in iTunes (Right click > Get Info > Artwork > Add), I can find the file and add it, the picture appears in the Get Info window but when I press ok nothing happens. I go back to it in Get Info and it's gone again. It used to work fine up until a few days ago. Is anyone else having this problem or know how to get it working again?

2. inphinyte macrumors newbie

Workaround

I had the same problem, I think it's an iTunes 9.2 issue with artwork, and there are many.

The way I 'fixed' it was once I added the artwork through the same method you described, with the song/album still highlighted, I opened the 'item artwork and video viewer', which is the little up arrow next to the shuffle/repeat buttons. This seems to force iTunes to create the thumbnail image for that album once it pops up.

This seems related to my problem. iTunes 9.2 now only displays reduced quality thumbnail versions of all your artwork. While this makes browsing in grid view much faster for most people, it bugs the hell out of me since I like to add in high resolution scanned artwork and now I might have well as taken it from Amazon. The high quality version is still embedded inside the file, I just can't get iTunes to use it anymore.