iTunes asking for Plus upgrade twice

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Nermal, Jan 14, 2009.

1. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

I just went into my iTunes Plus page, and it's listing songs and albums that I've already upgraded (and have been charged for). Has this happened to anyone else?

2. DakotaGuy macrumors 68040

DakotaGuy

Do you still have the protected files on your computer somewhere or did you delete them? That could cause it to continue to detect them.

3. Nermal thread starter Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

No, I replaced them with the unprotected files. I'm pretty sure that it looks solely at your account history and not your current library in order to determine which upgrades to give you anyway.

Edit: I just looked again. The songs that I've already upgraded are now no longer listed, but some that I *didn't* upgrade are gone too!

Edit 2: And now the "bad" ones are back, and so are the ones that I didn't upgrade. But some more that I didn't upgrade have disappeared! :rolleyes:

4. PinkPig macrumors newbie

I've upgraded everything now (or at least it thinks I have) but before that I had something similar happen - a bunch of things I'd already upgraded reappeared briefly, then disappeared again. It certainly seems completely erratic at the moment!

5. Cboss macrumors 6502

Are you using the most recent version of iTunes? If not, that could be causing some of your problems.

6. TJRiver macrumors 6502

TJRiver

The update program uses your iTunes purchase history, not what is currently on your hard drive, to decide what songs to offer. That's why I am going to wait until iTunes is 100% DRM free.

Of course, there are plenty of songs I would like to avoid updating......:rolleyes:

7. mrkgoo macrumors 65816

I'm having the same issue.

I notice that the album that it pointed me to (there are several versions) is the one I downloaded originally (comes with bonus video), but after I down loaded it, it removed the "Bonus Video Version" from the title.

Furthermore it gave me a song that isn't on that album. I didn't even know I had it, but my iTunes does say I have listened to it 14 times, so maybe I do.

Edit: I did have that song, I guess it's just no longer offered on that album.

8. scbryan macrumors newbie

Same Issue

I purchases two upgrades on Tuedsay and on wednesday it is showing them to me again also...

9. Nermal thread starter Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Well, good to know that it's not just me. It's not listing anything at all for me to upgrade now though :confused: