iTunes asks for new iPad2 authorization, normal?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by stiwi, May 16, 2011.

1. stiwi macrumors regular

My wife got an iPad2 today from Apple and I am wondering if it is normal that iTunes asks for authorization?

I helped my wife to create iTunes account, she did use iTunes before for her iPod, but she never bought anything. It is also possible that I used once my itunes account on her Mac Mini to download a free game for her from Mac App store (so not even iTunes). That's it.

However iTunes behaviour looks to me like it would be already tied to someone else account / computer by this authorization prompt?

2. sasessiontc macrumors member

If I'm understanding correcly, this is normal. You could always go in iTunes and unauthorize all devices under the store menu at the top to start fresh. I believe the limit is five devices per account.

3. stiwi thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks. I was surprised, because I thought it should authorize Mac automatically by default considering it was first iPad launch / connection to iTunes. My wife never got anything similar request for her iPod, neither me for my iPhone first generation.

Or maybe iPad is such device that has to be authorized to any computer since its first launch...

4. Benbikeman macrumors 6502a

Benbikeman

It;s just the store double-checking that that device is allowed to make purchases on your account. Usually all you have to enter is the 3-digit security code of the card linked to the account.