iTunes authentication

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by LasseBach, Apr 1, 2009.

1. LasseBach macrumors newbie

Over the years where i have had my itunes account, i have had a number of different computers. Now i got my new mac i wanted to authenticate my itunes store account to it, but it says i used all of my authentications (maximum 3) on other computers, so now i cant get the music i have purchased or sync my iphone apps. How do i let my itunes acc work with my new mac?

regards Lasse

2. Melrose macrumors 604

Melrose

I thought iTunes allowed you to register 5 computers? Hmm..

Go to the iTunes Store (in iTunes) and click on your username in the top left of the store window. On your account page you should see a button next to where it says how many computers you have registered, and from there you have some options. Note I only know this because I read it somewhere else - I've never maxed out my iTunes computers.

Hope it helps :)

3. JediMeister macrumors 68040

Max is 5 for iTunes/AppleID authorizations, not sure why yours is 3. If you actually have capped the maximum, you can deauthorize all after signing into iTunes and accessing your account information. In the top section, under your AppleID, and billing info, should be a section that says Computer Authorizations. You can click on Deauthorize all, or just go to each computer that may have been authorized previously and do it one at a time under the Store menu->Deauthorize computer. If you can't deauthorize or have trouble, you'll need to contact iTunes Store support via their webform here.

4. Darth.Titan macrumors 68030

Darth.Titan

Just a note, but if you go the "Deauthorize All" route through your iTunes account, they only let you do this once a year.
    Try to remember to deauthorize old computers before you get rid of them.

5. tman07 macrumors regular

i was in the same boat as you, however i just chatted with an apple rep on apple's website i believe, and they did it for me.

It was a while ago, and Im not positive they still do the chatting thing on apple.com. Thought i would let you know, however.