iTunes authorising second Mac Help

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jkundi, Jul 2, 2014.

1. jkundi macrumors member

Hey everyone. I've finally got a second Mac for the family to use, and have a question on authorising iTunes on the second Mac to play my bought TV shows.

Can I I authorise iTunes to play only the TV shows and not allow family members to download my apps music etc from iTunes cloud etc. I don't want them to have access to my entire bought iTunes collection. :rolleyes::D

Is there a article that explains iTunes authorising Macs to answer these questions or can someone help out.

Thanks.

2. Pharmscott macrumors 6502a

Pharmscott

If you authorize the second mac, it will be able to play or download any content associated with that Apple ID. I don't think you could restrict the (or some) apps.

But, what's the worry? Why do you not want them to be able to do this? I ask because maybe there is another solution.

3. jkundi thread starter macrumors member

Second Mac is at my rented home which is shared by non family member too (brothers mates), I am away on travel most times with work. Hence only prefer selective content to be viewed by my brother, he has his own iTunes collection and he'd like to keep it that way. If you can offer an alternative solution that would be awesome Thanks. :eek:

4. Pharmscott macrumors 6502a

Pharmscott

Got it. How about using Parental Controls in iTunes to disable the iTunes store? Then you could copy the TV shows to the machine and authorize it. But, the roommate couldn't use your Apple ID to download your other purchases.

I'm not positive this will work, but it's worth a try!