iTunes Authorization loop :(

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by enjoiles, Jul 28, 2009.

1. enjoiles macrumors newbie

Lately, I've been getting a message that my computer is not authorized to play some (well, the majority) of my music because it is "not authorized." I then get the message to authorize my computer, which I do, but I get another message that my computer is already authorized. This is where I am stumped. I deauthorized all the computers connected to the account, but no luck. Has anyone else experienced this problem? Any fixes? Any help would be great. Thanks.

2. whooleytoo macrumors 603

whooleytoo

Yup, also experiencing this on both my Macs.

"You're not authorised" -> Authorise -> "Hey, you already were authorised!". Rinse & repeat.. Hopefully not an attempt by Apple to nag people into upgrading all their music to iTunes Plus.

You might try the suggestions posted here, to see if any of those might help.

3. TheShinyMac macrumors 6502a

TheShinyMac

Apple has a thing somewhere on that page on the itunes page and you can email them and have em reset all computers that were authorized just tell em what happened they should fix it, I did it and it only took a day or two for them to respond

4. duky macrumors 6502

Have you also tried first deauthorizing then authorizing again?

And by that I don't mean deauthorizing all in iTunes store settings but I mean going to Deauthorize comp manually for that computer in regular iTunes. Then entering the account to deauthorize then back to the same place to Authorize..

5. enjoiles thread starter macrumors newbie

whooleytoo - I tried the suggestions posted on the Apple site, but no luck :(

TheShinyMac - Is there a link on the iTunes page to the email?

duky: Yes, I've tried deauthorizing and authorizing, didn't work :(